==(Climbing a Snow Mounta ==(Climbing a Snow Mounta

Too much melody

I was kind of overwhelmed by full-our melody. There wasn't enough bass support. You have to be careful, high, melodic instruments are fun and easy to manipulate in a song, but don't neglect the bottom of the song.

But I sound too critical. It was a good song. The bongo, or whatever that was, added a lot to the song. It gave it kind of a Latin feel.

I'm tired. I should have written a longer review.

Buoy responds:

I'm often struggling getting the bass at a right volume- for it to be audible yet not completely destroy the song. I'm not completely satisfied with the sound texture of the bass either, I might see if I can do something with that.

==(Melting Snow)== ==(Melting Snow)==

Meaningful

The song had are real nice "arc" to it. As in, it started off gentle, reached a "climax" then fell and faded. And yes, I do get my kicks from applying literary terms to music.

The song had a real strong sense of meaning, in that it awakened a feeling and stirred an emotion. It was deep, you could say.

The dripping sound effect in the background was a great touch! Good thinking...but then again, melting snow kind of gives that idea.

I liked the strings/percussion throughout the song. The piano, I think it was a piano, might be a guitar by a stretch, did a good job keeping the refrain going, and providing a repetitive background sound. The backup parts in general were well done.

While I am impressed and pleased with the song, it's getting an eight because I hold that you have to reach for the sky and hit the stars with a song to get a 10, and you have to be well past the clouds to get a nine.

I have to stop using confusing metaphors. I'm crazy, don't listen to me. What I'm saying is, while this is an excellent song, it's not perfect, and therefore not a 10/10.

Buoy responds:

Lol sure I will listen to you (in the end it seems like you're ashamed of not giving a 10/10- don't be that, lol;)

Thanks for the review!

(and yes, that is a piano)

==(Northern Light)== ==(Northern Light)==

Average

Eh, it's nothing spectacular. It's a decent song, and has some nice qualities to it (namely the bass), but it's a little too repetitive for my tastes. It didn't need to be as long as it was, since there were several parts that were just the same. It had a stretched out quality to it.

The entrance was nice, the gradual introduction of all the instruments was definitely a plus.

The piano part was pretty much just the same rhythm of similar notes. But admittedly, I didn't think piano would work for a song like this at all. While you did find one way to get the piano to blend nicely, and it did blend nicely, you used that same part over and over again.

The bass was exceptional, albeit repetitive, great use of the low register. It, as did all the instruments, melded nicely with the overall rhythm. If that makes any sense.

The drums, well, they weren't so hot. While they were used "correctly" as a beat keeper and rhythm conveyor, they just didn't appeal to me.

Overall, it's not a bad song by any means, but it's a song that could have so much more. Repetition isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in this case it just dragged the song down, with all the instruments repeating their parts. I would recommend a couple of sections were the piano kept it's part, and the bass carried the melody.

Buoy responds:

awww... I'm not quite sure how to change it to your liking ('cept for the repetitiveness... people are never going to be happy with that).

==(The First Flight)== ==(The First Flight)==

Enchanting

Very peaceful song, I like it. You have an interesting blend of piano and flute there, it's unique. The lead-in is, well, really good. It kind of sets the tone for the entire song. It's a good song, almost trance-ish. It could have used some more drums, but then again, maybe not, you would risk breaking the peacefulness of it. Overall, good song, but it's not an amazing masterpiece.

Buoy responds:

Thanks for the review again my good sir

But I'd like to know where those 2 points of the score went, just so if I could improve it or anything- nah nevermind

Soul Collector Preview--_-- Soul Collector Preview--_--

Great. Nice harmony.

Although this song has no real instrument line that really sticks out to me, that's a good thing. It's so rare to find a song where the individual lines support each other and blend so well, that I hit the download, 5, favorite button as soon as I'm halfway through the song. You should definitely take off on this. The only thing you lost stars on was that it was very repetitive, but then again, it is a loop, so some repetition is expected. Overall, nice job and I hope to see the full "Soul Collector" soon.

More Fighting More Fighting

Almost perfect...

This was really really close to perfect. Just two small things that bothered me. One was the background line around 0:55, it didn't seem to fit the melody. And it repeated a few bars one too many times. But other that those small things, great job overall.

SSBB Forest Maze SSBB Forest Maze

Great, but...

In general, it was just the kind of song I like, fast exciting, well balanced. But it started a bit too suddenly. Try putting more of an opening into it. I suggest something that starts off mildly fast and increases to extremely fast. The entrance doesn't have to be long. 10-20 beats will do fine. But overall, good song. I like your work.

==(Barrier)== ==(Barrier)==

Fantastic.

Great song. It caught my attention as I browsed through songs. Just as I was about to affirm that this song was repetitive, it changed just in time. The only part I wasn't so sure about was the ending. It seemed to slow down way too fast for my tastes. But I enjoy the song. Good job.

Buoy responds:

Thanks for reviewing again. I'll probably change this tune with a loop I made of it, as it was for a contest with loopz

==(Life of a Cloud)== ==(Life of a Cloud)==

It was almost great.

This song is on the verge of being a great song, it just needs a little push. It's kind of repetitive until about the last third or so. I only like to the hear the same measure a few times before I want something different. In the middle, it seemed like it couldn't decide what genre it was. If you had taken off with the fast tune, the song would have been great. Overall, oh, wait, I need to talk about the beginning. The start of a song needs to be like that introduction to an essay my crazy English teacher always wanted me to write. It needs to catch my attention and hold it. If I didn't know this was by you, I probably wouldn't have given it the benefit of the doubt that I did. Overall, it's an okay song, but it could be so much better.

Buoy responds:

Depends on what you mean with a measure- if you can't stand a few BARS of repeating then your ears are most likely hyperactive, but if you mean a set of four bars, then okay, but if I did a whole lot of changing up it would be hard having an idea of what's going on...

...shit, now I look like a hypocrite

But well anyways, I wanted a bit of structure in it. I don't see what you mean with that it couldn't decide what genre it was. Thanks for the onstructiveness and reviewness!

==(Floating Iron)== ==(Floating Iron)==

Great.

Five'd, downloaded, and favorite'd. This is really a great song. It does kind of annoy me how the whole thing will change so quickly without any transition, try gradually leading into different parts of the song. Anyway, great job.

Buoy responds:

Thanks fer that. If I gradually leaded into things it would turn pretty boring and MUCH longer, wouldn't it :/ I could try, but I don't kno